I am really happy to see this new official WordPress stats plugin launched which was really missing in the WordPress pack till now. The new one named as Automattic Stats can provide statistics about your Visitors, Feeds as well as new cool features like Blog Surfer, My Comments and Tag Surfer. You need WordPress 2.1 or later and you must insert the WordPress API to activate.
How I install Automattic Stats?
- Go to http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stats/
- Download the plugin.
- Upload to your /wp-content/plugins/ Folder.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress Plugin Menu.
- Insert your WordPress.com API. (this is required)
- You will be seeing a new Menu in your Dashboard named as ‘Blog Stats’.
You are done.
How long will it take to see the Stats?
20 Minutes? They said but I could see way before. That is really fast isn’t it?
Can I filter my own Clicks?
It automatically filters Clicks when you are logged in as Admin. No IP filter hassles.
What reports Automattic Stats provide?
Under the ‘Blog Stats’
Have More Questions?
Visit here. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/stats/faq/
What all Reports Automattic Stats do provide?
Under the ‘Blog Stats’ you can see the following:
- Referrers: The source referral URLs you see here.
- Top Posts: These posts on your blog got the most traffic.
- Search Engine Terms: These are terms people used to find your blog.
- Clicks: The Visitor Clicks on your Blog.
- Blog Stats: Summary of your Blog Stats.
- Incoming Links: Seems to be the same Technorati one in your Dashboard.
A Word from the Author:
I am so excited to see the reports after a day or two even though I can see it started reporting some. Currently I use Google Analytics and Statscounter to track and now I got one more to compare and analyze. I will be posting more about the findings on this.