Today you must be hearing a lot about the New version for Google Analytics, they, Brett Crosby and Jeff Veen unveiled the new version at the Emetrics Summit in San Francisco. Did you see any changes in your Analytics Account? May not be yet, since they said they are doing it slowly and it may take another one month for them to complete the migration process for all the accounts. Even I too get disappointed when I saw mine is in the old version after reading all these. I can’t wait to see the new dashboard and the improved template.
When I will be getting the new version?
They said, you will be getting an email notifying about the migration also keep an eye on your Settings page. You can keep both the old and newer version together for a minimum of one month so that you have enough time to migrate yourself to the newer version.
What I can expect in my New Version?
- Major change is the redesigned User Interface with improved user experience and easy of sharing.
- Altered Data Summaries and Trends Analysis along with the improved clear Navigation and Cross Segmentation options.
- Added Emailing Report functionality and PDF export option.
- New Zoom In/Out option in the Geo Map report.
- Every reports in the older version will be retained with added features.
A Word from the Author:
I am having some issues with the Analytics Code, currently I am closely watching the data with StatsCounter. Also today I got a new gift from WordPress – Automattic Stats – The New WordPress Official Stats Plugin. Hmmm, today is not that bad.